Although SAMSHA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) reports that cases of addiction to opioids are down from 2015, the totals are still staggering. American adults average one in every 12 that are suffering from substance abuse or 20.2 million people. For those battling an addiction to opioids, the first step is to identify the addiction by checking for common signs.
Common Signs of Opioid Addiction
- The inability to control opioid use
- Uncontrollable cravings
- Changes in sleep habits
- Weight loss
- Frequent flu-like symptoms
- Decreased libido
- Lack of hygiene
- Changes in exercise habits
- Isolation from family or friends
- Stealing from family, friends or businesses
- New financial difficulties
If you notice these symptoms in yourself or a loved one, contact HOPE Recovery Clinics to schedule an assessment. A holistic approach to addiction recovery can put you on the path to good health and back to your life.